- Move to rest, sleep, and dream.
- Move to pass time, bloom, and linger.
- Move to taste and share.
- Move to forget and remember.
- Move to experience a body as part of a landscape and landscape as a body; both breathe and move.
- Look at dance as a flower that grows, blooms, wilts, to be noticed, be nurtured and be savored.
- Appreciate life as movement (even in relative stillness).
- Feel everyone’s life as an unrecoverable, transient, precious process within a larger sense of time and space.
- Nurture kinetic imagination and kindness to oneself and others living or dead.
- Be with others (present or lost), find a way to enjoy conflicts, and negotiate. Learn by experience.
- Be sensual. Be beautiful and inviting in ways that are not necessarily sexual.
- Dance a solo as a duet with a shadow. Dance a duet as a solo remembering a shadow.
- Enjoy the flow of life but also enjoy being stuck. There is always something that can move even when one is stuck.
- Move to create sustainable culture of peace.
- Think about what dead people might want from us.
- Move to value artistic and philosophical differences.
- Honor silence
- Please add your own
If you want more...
Personal Manifesto of an Artist as a Cultural Activist by Eiko